< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: I am Daddy hear me and tremble....

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I am Daddy hear me and tremble....

Cor...something is odd...I have the Aginothlings to myself and they are all behaving...all doing as they are told...all playing together nicely...

You have entered the Twilight zone where nothing is as it seems...

except...

this is for real, some days it feels bloody brilliant to be a parent, I've had a silly grin on my face over the antics of the three of them most of the day, I've had numerous pictures of Daddy drawn, Agi Junior has been brilliant helping cook lunch, helping clear the table and doing little chores, the girls are just a whole bundle of giggles.

Treated them to a viewing of Magic Roundabout (the film) after lunch of fish and pasta wih peas and carrots...nearly all eaten up by all three of them...Agi Junior even asked for extra vegetables !!!

Now slowing things down, Agi junior is playing on his nintendo for the first time today (after his exemplary behaviour an activity I happily allowed, LMD is curled up on my lap looking at picture books, LMB is playing with her educational packages on one of the PC's, whilst I am also cooking tea of burgers and potato waffles, before bathtime and bed, who knows I may even get Agi Junior in the Bath and wash his hair without a fight at this rate !

Above all the one thing that has made this easier is LMD is no longer dependant on Mrs.A for food, as she is down to one mid-evening feed of milk a day. So she no longer demands constant calming attention when Mummy is not here.

Some days it just goes right, and even though I am knackered I have really enjoyed being with the kids today :o)


Update: 18:50 and Agi Junior & LMB are quietly in bed, bathed and happy. Yep even managed to get Agi Junior to scrub off the detritus...now just have a slightly narky LMD waiting for her one feed of the day, Mrs.A due home shortly...time to relax in front of the TV :o)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great blog. I was feeling very guilty because I hadnt been able to come over and give you a hand but now Im glad I didnt. give them all a big kiss from Nanny A and I will hopefully have just as nice a day on tuesday when they are all mine

Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:42:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

'hear me and tremble'

yeah, right - they hear you and laugh! :-)

Which is, of course, an excellent alternative....

cq

Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:44:00 pm  
Blogger Aginoth said...

Well my Cow impersonation did have LMD in stitches earlier :o)

quickly followed by LMB saying "Daddy be Ellfunt"

Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:55:00 pm  
Blogger pissoff said...

You're children are being too good Aginoth. I have something to fix that... one is 11 and the other 3.

Oh and what an interesting word verification today...bsexpgmz

Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:38:00 pm  
Blogger dena said...

It's amazing how some days it just all falls into place and everything runs smooth and is a joy. And then there are those days where no one is happy, nothing goes right, and you just want to run out the door.

Monday, January 16, 2006 2:46:00 am  
Blogger kenju said...

Congratulations, Daddy!

Monday, January 16, 2006 6:09:00 am  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

It was lovely - they were all fed, clean & happy when I got home. It makes it soooo less stressful:-) And great that they are starting to get proper quality daddy time back again. well done hon.

Of course, I do it every day, but hey lets not belittle your achievements. One afternoon is very good;-)

Monday, January 16, 2006 7:47:00 am  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

well done Mr. A. it is such a relief when Mom gets to be elevated from 'the cow' to being a real person again. I was so happy to have my babies weaned, even though I loved nursing.

Monday, January 16, 2006 8:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home