< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Happy New Year

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

Sorry...been rushing around like a blue arsed fly...

My Dad is doing OK, he is regaining some use of his left leg but not his left arm, his speech is fine if slightly slurred, main problem is the fact he is in Hospital and can't get any sleep !, they moved him to a ward next to where I was a few weeks ago in the old building, so you know how horrible it is in there if you read my old blog.

[flashback of yellow walls...ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH}

He should start Physio tomorrow when all the medical staff return after the xmas break.

The decorations came down last night, the house looks quite bare without them, but we always take them down before we return to work and Agi Junior goes back to school. I'm back to work tomorrow, and have a ver full calendar for the next couple of months.

So i've got to make the most of my last day at home, enjoy my time with the kids, well only 2 of them this morning; Agi Junior is staying at Nanny A's house, he'll be home later today. Rather quiet and relaxed without him here, he is a little whirlwind of energy :o)

Just seen on the news that there is a £9.5Million lottery ticket unclaimed that expires today...wow! There must be a story behind that...can you imagine not claiming that much mney, even if only to give it all away? Wonder why it was never claimed?

So question for today....one day left off work...What shall I do?


Borrowed this off CQ

Your New Year's Resolutions

1) Get a pet Tasmanian devil

2) Eat more cheese

3) Travel to Sweden

4) Study Latin

5) Get in shape with roller derby


8 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW! 9 mill....and in Pounds...Gee in dollars thats like almost double....! You think they would believe me if I say it's my ticket??? (lol)

What to do today...? Relax and read by a lovely fire while holding hands with your lovely wife...and playing with the wee ones, too...
How does that sound?
Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy every second of it...! Hard to believe the Holidays are actually over....! Now, on to the next phase...

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:23:00 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Forgot to say Michele sent me this A.M...just a bit after Midnight here..My Lord,,it's already January 2nd!

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:24:00 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Well, I live in Wisconsin so there's no doubt I'll be eating more cheese. I have no resolutions but it's fun to read others'. Happy New Year!

Michele sent me...

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:11:00 pm  
Blogger Uisce said...

Mmm, cheese. I like cheese.

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:47:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

A nice little bit of DIY?? :-)

cq

Monday, January 02, 2006 4:26:00 pm  
Blogger Childsplayx2 said...

My biggest fear when I buy a lottery ticket, is winning and not knowing it.

I'm sure it was someone like me who bought the ticket and never bothered to check to see if he/she won. Bummer.

Sorry to hear about your father. I hope he's up and running in no time!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:07:00 am  
Blogger kenju said...

I sure would like to win that lottery! I'd even take half and be happy.

My resolution finder said I should travel to Costa Rica - and I've already been there. So now what?

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:59:00 am  
Blogger Your Mother said...

Well, glad your dad is doing better. I finally got you on my blogroll! As for my resolutions, this was the generated list. Only two have a remote possiblity of happening. Can you guess which?

1) Get a pet parrot
2) Eat more whipped cream
3) Travel to New Zealand
4) Study rare insects
5) Get in shape with stripping classes

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:59:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home