< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: 7 x 7

Saturday, December 17, 2005

7 x 7

Simon went and tagged me to do this meme, So here goes, here it is.

Seven things to do before I die:

Visit Australia & New Zealand
And Canada and China
Revisit Mexico
Retire and enjoy it
See my children grown, happy, healthy & succesful
Be totally debt free & solvant enough not to worry
Have time to read all the books I want to

Seven things I cannot do

Eat cucumber
Live without Insulin
Tolerate Bigots
Afford to go on a Foreign Holiday
Paint a wall (even though my father is a painter and decorator and keeps trying to teach me)
Touch the end of my nose with my tongue
Not check my blog every day

Seven things that attract me to my wife:

Intelligence
Love of Literature
Ability to express herself
Tolerence
Long dark hair
Courage of her convictions
Honesty

Seven things I say most often:

D'oh!
Can I have the news on now?
(insert employer's name here) are idiots!
You're beautiful/clever/fantastic (to the kids)
Yay you (to the kids)
Can we go to Mexico?
can I have.....(insert gadget here)

Seven books, or series, that I love:
This one was difficult (just like for Mrs.A) because I love all books. We own nearly 3000 books, and all of them are great.

The Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett
The Belgariad/The Malloreon - David Eddings
The Deverry series by Katherine Kerr
The Wheel of Time Series - Robert Jordan
JRR Tolkien
Bill Bryson
The Dragon Stories by Anne McCafferry

Seven movies I watch over and over again:
This one was difficult because I just watch so many

The Blues Brothers
Dogma
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Princess Bride
Strictly Ballroom
The Empire Strikes Back
Local Hero

Other Seven's meme's I know about:
http://dchassocks.blogspot.com/2005/12/ive-been-tagged.html
http://uab.blogspot.com/2005/12/7x7-meme.html
Mrs Aginoth

12 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

cor, I did a sevens weeks ago :-)

MSM

cq

Saturday, December 17, 2005 8:19:00 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Never done this one and probably never will! Yours is very very interesting and you and Mrs. A are sure well matched, Mr. A.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:30:00 am  
Blogger Marie said...

Hooray for The Princess Bride!!!

I can tell you're a good father...

Michele sent me!

Saturday, December 17, 2005 1:52:00 pm  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

princess bride and t.p.'s discworld series rules! great list, aggie! just like mrs. a's!

Saturday, December 17, 2005 1:57:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

why has the ramblings stopped rambling?

cq

Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:17:00 pm  
Blogger Aginoth said...

I was taking a break from it all today, will blog later,

Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:39:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good list!!! a lot of work, too! updated your link as soon as I got back. Now I am off to catch up on what I have missed.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:17:00 pm  
Blogger Bryan said...

I think you have my same library. Particularly the Dragon Stories. Those are comfort books for me.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 7:26:00 pm  
Blogger kenju said...

It is so nice to see a man say he likes long DARK hair! So few like brunette hair (like I had).

Monday, December 19, 2005 1:06:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do you really like the Deverry series, Aginoth? It's all a bit ... crap to me. Other stuff good though! (in my ever-so-humble opinion, of course).

Monday, December 19, 2005 3:10:00 pm  
Blogger Prego said...

I tried to watch the Princess Bride with my four year-old. He got scared in the fire swamp, and I had to turn it off. Great movie. Can't say I agree with your other choices!

Michele sent me today.

PS We have some things in common. We both ramble, and neither of us can afford 'foreign holidays' yet would love to do so!

Monday, December 19, 2005 3:29:00 pm  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Oh, I have library envy now! :-)

great lists.
You'll have to come to Canada with the missus. We're going to go skiing then watch the Princess Bride!

Monday, December 19, 2005 10:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home