< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: 35years 363 days

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

35years 363 days

I think I missed my 1 year blogging Anniversary, it was back at the start of May last year that I started "Trapped in the Body of a Civil Servant...Help!". I remember the first time I got a comment, and was quite surprised at how fast I picked up regular readers. A year on, a different blog (be careful what you blog about) and over 20000 hits later I still enjoy this.

As a consequence of blogging I have learnt how to write HTML, how to manipulate and embed video and graphics, and most importantly make many friends accross teh world.

I've been a bit of a sporadic blogger of late; I do apologise for that. So many things going on and demads on my time...Family, house, re-enactment, computer games...I do try to make time to blog but get sidetracked.


I'm 36 on Thursday....Late 30's !!! I'm not that bothered but people seem to think I should be. Inside I think I got stuck mentally at about 21 (or 12 sometimes). I see people I started work with with greying hair (if they still have hair!!!) and it seems quite odd.

I share my birthday with a few notable Historic events. My favourite is that on June 15th 1215 King John put his Seal to Magna Carta. I also share my Birthday with Edward the Black Prince (1330 - 1376), who is closely connected with the period of history we reenact.

Other historical events on my Birthday...

It's also the anniversary of the birth of Rev.W.V Awdry - Author of the Little Railway Engines Series of Books which includes Thomas the Tank Engine)

1520 - Pope Leo X threatens to excommunicate Martin Luther.

1752 - Benjamin Franklin proves that lightning is electricity.

1919 - John Alcock and Arthur Brown complete first nonstop transatlantic flight at Clifden, County Galway, Ireland.

and last but not least in 1946 - Noddy Holder, Lead singer of Slade was born... :o)



A joke....

How many mice does it take to screw in a Light bulb

two... but getting them in is really hard

9 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

A slightly EARLY Happy Happy Birthday, Mr. A. A lot of wonderful people were born in June, weren't they? (*winks*)
Hope you have a lovely fun Birthday!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:18:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How well I remember june14/15 1970.I was there you know- although some of it is quite a blure as the small and friendly hospital I has chosen to bear you in were extra liberal with the drugs in those days-I arrived with your father at aroung 3am 14thjune and after a brief examination it was decided you could wait for the week day staff to come on (It was a sunday)So I was plied with sleeping tablets-then more sleeping tablets at lunch time-then in the afternoon I was put in a side ward and given -I dont remember how many shots of pethadine(lovely stuff) and at about 10pm apparently I start thrashing and kicking so your dad called in a nurse.Dont realy remember that bit. At 1am the staff called an emergency team from a large hospital about 10miles away and you were delivered just in the nick of time by forcepts. It took us both about 6 months to get over all of this. But it was certainly worth it.Happy birthday for thursday.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:15:00 am  
Blogger Paste said...

I'm two days after you on Sat 17th and I hit the big 50 so if you wish me a Happy Birthday, I'll wish you one, deal?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:43:00 pm  
Blogger Paste said...

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday Mr A
Happy Birthday to you!
:-)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 6:09:00 pm  
Blogger astrocoz said...

Well, Happy Birthday to you and your blog too! Anyhow, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:26:00 pm  
Blogger garfer said...

Happy Blogday.

Perhaps you are the reincarnation of Edward the Black Prince.

This would explain your love of renactments.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:37:00 pm  
Blogger The Flamingess said...

Happy impending birthday. Wishing you a yard full of flamingos to commemorate the occasion.

Love the mouse joke.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:55:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a sporadic blogger right now, as well. The weather's too nice, and I've been outside enjoying it.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 2:58:00 am  
Blogger Bobkat said...

Hi. I'm a sporadic blogger too adn pretty new to it all so I am still learning how to do all the things you have learnt! Blogger is v frustrating at times though! Hope you have a good birthday. All the best people are born in June!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home