< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: How to take on your bank and win !!! + Retirement update

Thursday, March 15, 2007

How to take on your bank and win !!! + Retirement update

You may recall that back at the start of February I decided to ask my bank back for all the charges it had levied on our acount for the last 6 years.

Last week when I hadn't heard from them in several weeks I began court procedings against them for the money.

Surprise surprise on the very day they were served the summons from the county court they have written to me and offered me over £2000, a little less than I asked for but we are going to settle. That'll cover the mortgage for a couple of months.

They of course say they do not accept the have done anything wrong or broken the law as that would require them to carry out a comprehesive review of their charging practices, and that the payment is a good will gesture...that's a bloody huge lump of goodwill (sic).

Anyway the whole process has taken about 8 weeks and I would recommend anyone in the UK who has been charges anything in the last 6 years by their banks to visit MONEY SAVING EXPERT and you'll find templstes of all the letters and the proces alid out in simple steps...you have nothing to lose.

Previous posts....
Give me My Money
Give me my Money Part 2

Now to get on with getting retired. I was denied medical retirement last week, however, I have right of appeal and grounds to do so. They agree that I am unfit for work and no adjustments would make it possible for me to give regular and effective service, but as my Family Doctor's report didn't specifically state that my Arthritis is permanent and going to effect me significantly for the next 23 years of my working life they couldn't retire me.

So anyway it turns out they addressed the request for a report on me to my GP's Medical Practice and not my GP himself, so the practice wrote the report based directly on my medical file, just diagnjostic facts and dates with no personal input from the Doctor who actually knows anything about my day to day issues. I asked my GP to write me a personal medical report in light of this and he has, stating the permanent aspect f my arthritis and so now I am awaitung the results of the appeal.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Good luck with your appeal. Best wishes from Liverpool

Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:34:00 pm  
Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Congratulations on the bank settlement! Good luck with your appeal on your medical retirement.

Friday, March 16, 2007 5:26:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

mmm - BIG knife on my blog.....

thank you, honey :-)

cq

Monday, March 19, 2007 9:05:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

...and thank you again!! :-)

cq

Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:53:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for the money
Bad for the arthritis
Bad for the retirement rejection
Good for the appeal
Good for GP personal touch

and in closing:

Hugs for the Aginoth!

Friday, March 23, 2007 1:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home