< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: New Blog Title...New Start

Monday, October 15, 2007

New Blog Title...New Start

It's been all go in the Aginoth Household this last week or so.

Firstly, and at long long last I have won my seemingly endless battle with my employer to be retired on medical grounds. I have in my possession now the Certificate signed by the Ministry of Defence Medical Advisor that I am permanently unable to work for the MoD due to Psoriatic Arthropy (Arthitis).

Offically my last day of employment will probably be 30th November 2007, but I am still torteceive confirmation. So I have today been filling in the forms to claim on my Life Insurance which with great presence of forthought on our part includes critical illness cover for permanent disability certified by an employers medical advisor. With my pension lump sum that means we should hopefully be able to pay of a very large chunk of our mortgage before too much longer, and clear all of our other debts. This will leave us clear to move house early next year to somewhere a bit easer for me to get around now my joints are getting worse (our current house is 3 stories high and I rarely go to the top floor now).

Second. Mrs.A won a car !!! OK so it's a quadricycle really, a
REVA G-wiz, and totally impractical for any real use where we live due to Somerset being Mainly Rural and populated by Cows and Sheep. So it's getting deliverd to my mother in law's house in London where it will allow the commuter we sell it to to travel for free into the congestion zone, and be able to park for free in Westminster (I hear Boris Johnson has one!)
Small isn't it?

More details on it
here if you are interested. She won it on a webite called My Offers! which is full of competitions every month.

Third. I should finally receive some pay this month, I have been off sick since March, but have not actually been paid any Sick Pay since the end of June, despite my employer agreeing to pay me as if I was receiving my pension already, as you might imagine after nearly 4 months finances are a little stretched to say the least. I am watching my Bank account avidly for the money.

Fourth. Life changing time, I have started my application to study BA Archaeology and Medieval History at Cardiff University from September 2008. I have to do something with all this spare time I have now I am retired, and as I will be receiving my pension we can afford for me to go back to University, this time to study something I'm interested in for myself and not for work.

Fifth. I know I have been neglecting my blog over recent months and I will try to do better ... honest... no I will... probably :o)


PS did you notice The name of the blog changed :o)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

That's not a car - that's a roller skate!!

Congrats on rejoining the blogosphere, honey - after all, you dragged me into this, kicking and screaming.....

cq

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:40:00 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Welcome back to the world of Blogging, dear Mr. A...Sorry to read about your nedical problems and in particular, "Arthur"....that's what we say here, 'Oh Arthur is acting up today...'

The Voice recognition thingy sounds quite extrirdinary....I mean, that is fantastic!

Congrats to Mrs. A on winning that car....It is kind of cute, isn't it?

Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:49:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think of the REVA? My daughter is wanting one for around college.

teeth whitening

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home