< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Intermediate Stages

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Intermediate Stages

So at home at last :o)

Thought you'd be interested to see what my Psoriasis looks like now after the Dithranol Treatment, it's not 100% cleared yet, but it is getting there. The discolouration is burns and staining caused by the Dithranol, and not angry skin as in the previous photo's I posted before treatment.

So heres my foot and leg with some lovely purple/brown burn stains from the dithranol.

My Left Knee

Left Hand
Right Elbow (Ignore my stomach please ! What do you mean it's hard too?), most of the staining has washed off now just a few scraps left.

And a reminder of what my Right arm was like before I went in.


It'll be another couple of weeks until all the staining disappears, and the few sore chemical burns fully heal. In the meantime I am now taking a drug called Cyclosporin to try and remain clear until I can get on the newer more expensive treatments. (follow the link for details of yet another scary drug....)

Sneaked a couple of pictures of the ward before I left....

This is the ward itself

And this was the bane of my stay...the resident loon, not issing him in the slightest...


I'm really glad to be home. Mrs.A was very happy to be cooked for last night, and for me putting the kids to bed. We're heading off for a swim tomorrow now that I can show my body in public again.

4 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

I see your wedding ring is back on, sweetheart :-)

cq

Saturday, March 25, 2006 4:53:00 pm  
Blogger Paste said...

Good that you're home, now to get the 'six pack' back????

Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:11:00 pm  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Really great news that you are home and that you got to go to the movies as well with your darling wife.
I have another friend who just got out of hospital for the same reason , what are the odds of that (she is on my blogroll Rebellen and she posted a pic of her leg too lol)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:04:00 pm  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

so glad you're home and the skin is improving.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home