< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: In hospital at last

Saturday, March 11, 2006

In hospital at last

saturday ... 3 days in hospital now. i have emailed in 3 blogs so far, but Blogger has eaten them. This one is via Mrs.A

my Psoriasis was too inflamed for aggressive treatment by dithranol, so i am slathered in petroleum jelly and topical steroids to calm it down. It's working, i actually got my 1st full nights sleep in 2 weeks last night. They intend to start the dithranol treatment by monday, and then that will take about 2 to 3 weeks to complete... Then I'll be released.

The food has improved since i was here last year. The mash potato no longer bounces, :-) not to say It's home cooked standard though, it is still pretty poor quality, you could slice the soup last night.

most of the other inmates are amenable, bar the old guy opposite me; he tends to wander around naked and doesn't make it to the toilet on time very often (tending to use the floor!), he is senile and should really be on a geriatric ward.

Spending my time watching dvd's, reading and playing on my nintendo. Oh and telling Mrs.A how to fix the heating by text :-) which really made of want to be at home :-(

5 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Glad your treatment is working and you finally got some sleep!
Get all visitors to sneak you food in...that as my plan when I was in hospital. :-)

Of course you want to be home...I couldn't wait to get out of hospital and I was only in a couple of nights both times...2 weeks is quite a long time (especially with the food huh?) but jst think no more pain afterwards! That has to be a good thing. :-)

Take Care Mr A.
Ivoryfrog x

Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:48:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Doing my 'Bestest Bud' duty and visiting all I can...

But I is a bad bud, I forgot the chocolate....

cq

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:22:00 pm  
Blogger Paste said...

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:48:00 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Sending get well wishes your way.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:09:00 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

So glad you've had some relief Mr. A., dear...and some real sleep, too...I hope the treatment will continue to be just what you need...Thinking of you there with your soup that you can cut! (That's better than it was??? LOL)
Hope you've seen some good DVD's.

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:06:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home