< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: And longer at home...

Monday, February 27, 2006

And longer at home...

I've been signed off work for the next 7 days, pending my imminent and now booked stay in hospital ...again, you may recall i was in the Bristol Royal Infirmary for 2 weeks last October having my skin treated (quite sucessfully too) prior to going on Methotrexate that it turned out my Liver couldn't tolerate...

Anyway...

did I say I saw the Dermatologist this afternoon? Probably, my brain is mush thrpugh lack of sleep. So now I just have to await the call to say come in to teh ward we have a bed for you.

I also have to go get a chest X-ray and a whole raft of additional Blood tests tomorrow (only had bloods taken last Frisday) prior to being put on the new Immuno-suppresent Biologic T-Cell inhibitor Treatment (they make these names up to confuse us mere mortals without Medical degrees). The X-ray is to make sure I have no TB indicators and part of the bloods is to make sure I do not carry Hepatitis, as both of these would be life threatening on the new treatment.

The Chest X-Ray will also serve for me to check if the lung damage I sustained from Bacterial Pneumonia when I was 14 has ever repaired itself.

So for now I am a man of leisure, if an itchy sore and insomniac one.

I will Moblog from Hospital as I did last time....wonder if I will get the yellow side room again?

9 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

oh god, not that horrible little windowless yellow room again........!

[pops prozac in preparation for visiting time]

cq

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:54:00 am  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Pretty nurses rubbing cream all over your body three times a day. Plenty of quiet reading time. No kids to wake you up at 6am. All your meals prepared and served at your bedside. sounds like heaven to me:-)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:13:00 am  
Blogger CyberKitten said...

Wasn't my idea of heaven last time I visited!

Good luck Mr A. Hang in there....

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:36:00 pm  
Blogger garfer said...

Chin up dear boy, think on the Delica (with the decals).

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:13:00 am  
Blogger Bec said...

I think I know where Mrs A is coming from, cut her some slack!
Good luck with the treatment, hope it goes well (both at hospital AND at home, for Mrs A's benefit!)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:32:00 pm  
Blogger pissoff said...

Mrs A... that sounds like heaven to me too just replace the girls with big, strong, handsome men and I'll check myself in.

Hang in there Agi... hope all goes well.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:47:00 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

So sorry to read that you must go to Hospital...I empathize with you Mr. A....more than I can say...
I hope that the damage to your lungs HAS repaired itself..I suffer with some permenant damage to my lungs from a very severe illness at nine, then compounded by further pneumonia's and severe Bronchitus'es(?)...the damage to my lungs, unfortuneately is not reversible, but I am much older than you and hopefuly this will NOT be the case with you...I will keep GOOD thoughts for you, dear Mr. A...do keep blogging so we know what's happening...Sorry I haven't been by in a while...busy with the STAGE Benefit that I am involved in...Hugs to you.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:45:00 pm  
Blogger Olyal said...

Good luck with the new treatment!!! I hope everything is a success for you!
Speaking of blood tests, I really should call the doctor to get my results back...

Friday, March 03, 2006 12:31:00 am  
Blogger JR said...

Hmmm, torn, time off work, no kids, lotion all over, it starts out really well, but then the poking, prodding and procedures you have to endure in addition to your itchy skin, hmmm, doesn't play out as well as it started. :-( Hope all turns out well and you're tip top in no time!

Friday, March 03, 2006 3:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home