< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Oh for a snappy title....ah well

Monday, February 06, 2006

Oh for a snappy title....ah well

Look I once again drag myself away from Eve-Online . I am trying to be a good blogger...I've been getting threatening emails from some of my friends about not blogging regularly enough. S'not my fault.... blame the evil MMORPG Pusher SleepyPete.

Amny years ago I got hooked by Elite (On the ZX Spectrum) , then Elite:Frontiers (On the Commodore Amiga), then Elite: Fontiers - First Contact (On my first 386 PC)....for over 10 years I waited for a suitable replace ment game and Eve fits teh bill in lieu of the vapourware Elite IV.

Anyway (oooo look Piggy and Tazzy's fave word)... work is hectic. We are deep in Audit season, and it doesn't help that I am a Lead Auditor in several of the audits rather than teh poor hapless auditee...audits are bloody hard work to arrange, no-one able to decide suitable dates, too busy, apathetic; but just occasionally you find someone who passes with flying colours after you have been advising them all year and you feel you have done something right.

My weekend of having all 3 aginothlings to myself passed without incident. Barring how great Agi Junior has been; helping me by doing little chores like clearing the dinner table after meals, he even hoovered the Lounge (well he tried and that's what counts), leaving aside chasing the girls around with the accessory hose...but that was just a bit of fun :o)

You'll see from Mrs.A's blog that she has given in her notice to her employer...the resignation letter is a belter; hopefully when the dust has settled she'll post it (censored to protect the guilty). I am in two minds about her resigning; the job was really getting her down and she was getting more and more depressed by it, but I am worried that we may not have enough coming in to cover teh nousehold expenses if she can't get a job within 3 months or so (she has self employed work already in place for that period) ... Fingers Crossed.

PS: If you hadn't already noticed CQ is back from her skiing jaunt...

4 Comments:

Blogger Sleepypete said...

"the evil MMORPG Pusher SleepyPete"

I like that title. Can I keep it ? Muahahahaha !!!! Firmly back on World of Warcraft now me. Eve was interesting but it didn't have enough true variation for me.

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:34:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

'jaunt' - [rotflmao]

OUCH!!

cq

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:18:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

btw - if you look at Bavaria Part Seven, you'll see the terrible view I had to put up with in hospital! :-)

cq

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:42:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your first 2 paragraphs made absolutely no sense, Aginoth. I think it's time for a lie down in one of the Abbey Wood moats...

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home