< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Sore

Friday, March 03, 2006

Sore

I'm sore, and getting more sore. I haven't had much sleep of any substance now for about 10 days, and my Psoriasis continues to get worse.

On top of the Psoriasis I am suffering from Psoriasis relate Arthritis as well in my ankles Knees and wrists. It hurts to sit; It hurts to stand; Kneeling down is excruciating; typing is OK as long as I don't rest my very sore wrists or elbows on the desk.

every time I shift or move I am greeted by a shower of skin flakes; LMB thinks it fun to ruffle my hair " look Daddy snowing "...I can't say I am overly enamoured by this behaviour ;o)

My depression is definitely worsening, I am taking more and more time-outs from the family to avoid snapping at them over trivial things I would usually ignore.

Waiting by the phone, hoping to be in the Hospital and treated ASAP......

I'm off for a bath and 5 minutes relief.

7 Comments:

Blogger CyberKitten said...

Big long distance manly hugs & crossed fingers for a hospital visit SOON.

Hold on there Mr A.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:27:00 pm  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

oh boy, aggie, what a bummer. here's praying you get some relief soon so that you'll be back to your old cheerful self! :)

Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:01:00 pm  
Blogger Jane said...

Oh Aggie, didn't realise you were so under the weather.

Not much I can do cept send cyber best wishes and here's hoping the treatment come through sharpish.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:53:00 pm  
Blogger JR said...

Here's some advice, hopefully not totally useless. When I've had the arthritic pains, no skin probs though, a long hot soak or heating pads would work wonders. Even if you have to "live" in the tub, if it brings relief, set up shop in the bathroom for most of the day. As for the depression, that's a constant unwelcome guest in my house. Here are my typical relievers: physical excercise, meditation to my fav Celtic music, curl up with good book in bed, helps to stay warm and disappear into another world. Also, long talks with great friends. Hope you find relief soon.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 10:06:00 pm  
Blogger rashbre said...

Yikes. It all seems to have gone a bit pear shaped.

Without wishing to make it sound trite, a soothing bath with some nice oils and candles can sometimes work wonders, both to balm the skin and chill the senses.

My best wishes.

rashbre

Saturday, March 04, 2006 11:35:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Aggie, darling.....no way did you give us the idea it was this bad....

[ultra long gentle hugs]

you need ANYTHING, you call - hear me?

cq

Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:30:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Huge hugs to Mr & Mrs A on this one

Monday, March 06, 2006 1:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home