< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: I'm still alive

Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm still alive

Hello all.

A whole month since I last blogged, sorry....just needed a break from it, had a lot going on in real life and something had to give, the blog was one of them. My ststae of mind has been really askew recently, my depression had worsened, my various disabilities were getting the better of me. I just need some time to sort myself out, I'm getting there.

anyway....theres that word already.... what's been going on...

Chez Aginoth carries on as usual in a state of chaos, fatigued parents chasing 3 balls of energy that are our children.

Last week I finally got a formal diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis after years of tests and doctors appointments; I finally got to see the consultant Rheumatolagist and he was willing to put the name we already knew to m increasing joint pains.

My Psoriasis has flared again, but at long last I have started taking Enbrel one of a new family of drugs called T-Cell inhibitors that target a specific part of the immune systems response (in this case blocking a receptor on skin cells), i'm hoping to avoid a third stay this year in hospital; especially as I am under threat of discipliniary action at work. mind you bein medically retired wouldn't be such a bad thing...but only if Mrs.A can get a job so we can afford to eat :o) we may even be slightly better off.

The reenactment season is coming to an end soon :o(....just one event left this year in a couple of weeks time; back to Caerphilly Castle. I've put some links to pictures at the end of this post.

We're busy getting ready for Agi Juniors 6th Birthday this weekend, then it's only a couple of weekd to LMB's 3rd. Agi Junor is off to teh Bowling Alley for hi sparty tomorrow, but we still have to tidy the house and garden cos MiL is visitiing.

Bekeley Castle Pictures

Cosmeston Pictures

Caerlaverock Castle Pictures

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hum-I tidied the house last weekend-What have you been doing in it????.Glad to see all my nagging paid off and you blogged at last.

Friday, August 11, 2006 12:41:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry you have been unwell, hope things will improve. Psoriasis is a bugger - eh - i have had it (thank my lucky stars, mildly) and it drove me half mad. (well - i was mad the other half anyway)
just to say , keep up the blogging, though you have a busy life with family, keep communicating, you are missed when you don't!
caring clare

Sunday, August 13, 2006 3:44:00 pm  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm so glad to hear you're still among the land of the bloggers, and that everything is - more or less - staying well short of a full-on nuclear explosion.

Sounds like you have your priorities right in order, Aginoth. If we see less of you on your blog because you're busy leading a very busy life, that's OK. We're all juggling similar balls, and we absolutely understand.

Monday, August 14, 2006 5:30:00 pm  
Blogger Paste said...

Welcome back! I'm starting to get those 'is it worth it?' blogging that is, feelings as well. Glad the docs have finally started to get a handle on things.

Monday, August 14, 2006 10:45:00 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Mr. A, my dear...Glad you are back and so very sorry you have not been feeling up to snuff...it seems to be the season for it, I think...I haven't been feeling all that good myself and I keep reading about others, too who are struggling with many things...
I hope this new drug is truly a boon to you and I know you hope so too. It's good to see you on the net once again, my dear...Do take good care.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:43:00 am  
Blogger Bobkat said...

Hi, glad you are feeling a bit better and hope the drugs help. Real life is definitely the priority - especially when it's your health adn your family.

Great pics btw so thanks for sharing them. I wnet to joust for a day and had a great day.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:01:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home