< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: I know I should post more often.....

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I know I should post more often.....

I haven't been on a lot lately so thought i'd post an update. I know I know ...must post more often.....

I've been a bit under the big black cloud of depression recently, so haven't felt like blogging, but the desire to do so has come over me today ....probably a good sign

Still on Enbrel, the targetted immunosupressent / Anti-TNF, T-Cell inhibitor drug that costs £10000 a year I spoke about some time back; 20 odd doses taken now...i've lost count...the Psoriasis has cleared from PASI 45 to PASI 20 (PASI is the way Psoriaisis severity is measured (0-60) still counts as severe (20 plus) but to me that may as well be clear), I can go short sleeved again without being self conscious. I still have rough skin on flanks and plaques on Elbows, knees and ankles, legs still clearing.

Sorry to say the Enbrel is having little effect on my Psoriatic Arthritis, which although I only have to a mild extent compared to some of you is a right bugger...I have just been prescribed Naproxen for the first time for pain relief, 400mg of ibuprofen (3 daily) has become not enough some days.

I had a lump removed from my leg 2 weeks ago but as always the wound has got infected, spent last week off work on Antibiotics. The infection is gone and i'll have yet another bullet hole scar. Oh and btw the lump was thankfully benign, there was a few concerns when it turned out the lump had acquired it's own blood supply, quite odd seeing a small lump on the surface (5-6 mm) turn out to be the size of a marble below the surface !!!

I'm now one step closer to being Medically retired from the Civil Service, had a medical with a stupid doctor last wek...how is someone who sees you for 19 minutes (i timed it) meant to assess your medical conditions with no reference to your complex medical history? Utterly useless experience, i'm making sure they do get reports from my GP and 3 consultants (Dermatology, Rheumatology, and Endrocrinology). I'm also in discussion with my union over the opening remark made to me by the doctor..."Oh your only 36....no chance of you getting medically retired then" which is now against the law since the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006 entered Statute earlier this month.

But anyway in addition to this I have received loads of paperwork from my employers Personnel Pension Dept that will allow them to release my pension to me...this is odd because I have not been granted medical retirement officially yet....me and Mrs.A suspect, and hope that this means that Personnel and Welfare have already decided I am likely to be retired and are just getting ahead of themselves with the paper work. Just have to wait a couple of weeks now for the medical reports to come in, can't realistically see anything happening this side of Christmas.

Mrs.A has started a new job and is becoming a normal human being again, much more pleasant to live with. This has meant though that the children all needed to go into full time Childcare. Mrs.A's new Job pays roughly £13000 a year the childcare will cost us about £15000 a year....do the sums....bugger....so I was very pleased yesterday after I spoke to a very nice lady at the Inland Revenue who informed me that we are entitled to just over £15000 a year in tax credits. This with my Disability allowance means for the first time in quite some time there is light at the end of the tunnel for us financially.

Clan Aginoth are off on holiday to Cornwall with the Crazies next week...see the counter at the top of the blog, a week in Watergate Bay (webcam). The weather forecast looks jolly good for the whole week bar a couple of showers and daytime temps of 16°C (should be around 8°-10ºC in November !!), there's also a steady breeze forecast most days so I think some time will be spent flying my power kite (arthritis willing), something i've not doing or felt like doing in ages.

Piccie of Watergate Bay....

AgiJunior has asked to go visit Tintagel Castle, supposedly captured by the last Roman Overseer of Britannia Utha Pendragon and incidently birthplace of his slightly more famous son Arthur...which reminds me must sort out going up to London to see Spamalot.....

If you read Mrs.A's Blog you'll knowwe had visitors early last week and had nearly £1000 worth of cycling equipment stolen, glad to say the insurance company are going to pay up and replace our bikes and trailers.

Just read teh above and it does sound quite upbeat...perhaps things really are getting better...

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They are getting better, early retirement is the life in some ways - though bloody deserved in other ways and a physical burden lifted that will make a difference (and if you're home more then you can reduce childcare costs?).

Tintagel - I really want to go there so may tag along if weather and timing is permitting - you do have this habit of leaving for trips at like 07:00am which is a completely unreasonable time - its the middle of the sodding night in fact!

OOOOH kite - It'll drag me along the ground and even into the air in a very comical fashion I'm sure...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 2:44:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

woo hoo! It lives!!

I'm with Jnr, Tintagel please....

cq

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:28:00 pm  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

2 months 1 day till Xmas?

F*** off!!!!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:15:00 pm  
Blogger pissoff said...

Was that 10,000 pounds? Holy F--k, that's a lot of dough.

Never a dull moment at Chez Aginoth then is there?

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 5:48:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jnr, Jnr?!?! you referring to Master A or me - cos just you watch you terminology missus - I'll be having words...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:27:00 am  
Blogger Aginoth said...

calm down RCA...I meant my boy not you...lol...and he's looking forward to beating you soundly at table football next week :o)

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:33:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that all of you are really really really ready for this holiday.
I hope you all get the R&R that you deserve.

I remember going to visit restormal castle when I was little and we had our holidays in Cornwall is that anywhere near you?

been to Tintagel too I think

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home