< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Thursday 13 - Just Relax...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thursday 13 - Just Relax...


Thirteen Things about Aginoth


It's Thursday again....how did that happen?

So what shall it be today

Oh and btw it's LMB's 3rd Birthday today

13 things I do to relax...



1. Play Eve Online, OK yes I am still addicted to this MMOG (Massively Multi-plyer Online Game)...for those who don't know it's a Space trading/fighting game owing much to the old Elite Gasmes of the 1980's

2. Read...mostly Fantasy and Science Fiction, but also a far smattering of Histories and books on the English language and etymology

3. Shoot my Longbow...planning to get a Target set up in the garden soon, currently shooting on re-enactments or in a friends garden. It's a 40lb draw Hickory and Lemonwood traditional style English longbow btw.

4. Sit on the Beach watching the clouds, or at least trying too as I keep an eye on the kids. Sometimes I attempt to combine with Number 2 but it rarely works :o)

5. Have a Bag of Fish and Chips from Papa's Fish andChip Shop in Weston-super-Mare...yum...best Chip Shop ever, anywhere. Prefereably combined with Number 4.

6. Cooking for friends and family. I really enjoy cooking, but I like to have plenty of time to be able to do it properly.

7. Holding BBQ's for friends and Family...almost but not the same as 6

8. Playing Rough and tumble with my Children...must remember to remove all change, keys etc from pockets first, because they'll have it awaywith anything shiny that falls out of my pockets...bunch of magpies :o)

9. Singing songs with my children

10. Playing my flageolet / Whistle, well it's a 13th century fore-runer of the Soprano/descant recorder, more akin to a pennywhistle or Irish Fipple Flute. Mine is Wooden with 6 finger holes no thumb hole, Key of D.

11. Cuddling up with Mrs.A in front of a good film after the kids are in bed.

12. Taking Mrs.A out to our Favourite restaurant, Flute de Paris in Weston-super-Mare.

13. blogging :o)



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in the Linky below or in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




10 Comments:

Blogger Changed by His Love said...

Great list! BBQ'ing makes me relax too...just being with friends and family, there's nothing like it.
My TT is up!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:52:00 pm  
Blogger Norma said...

I don't do the games or fantasy stuff but I can identify with #13.

My TT is up.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:58:00 pm  
Blogger Kimmy said...

You can find a lot of ways to relax... that's awesome! It's lunch time. Now I'm hungry for fish and chips. Yum!

Happy 3rd Birthday, LMB!

Happy T13! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting and fun list to read. I can almost see you getting tumbled by your magpies while they giggle gloriously.

A very good idea for a T13, indeed. I especially liked #'s 4 & 8. [smile] As for me, I'd have to say that I implement your #2 most often, for relaxation. I love to read. I'm currently reading a Sci-Fi/Fantasy novel and a romance. I've been switching back and forth depending upon my mood that day.

Happy 3rd Birthday to LMB! Thanks for stopping by my T13 today. Have a terrific Thursday, Aginoth!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:00:00 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Happy bday to your little one...I guess you'll need to relax after that bday party. Happy TT :)

Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they all sound good to me... a little movie cuddling, especially! have a great weekend!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:06:00 pm  
Blogger Measi said...

My fiancé and I are both fish & chips fans (and we do have good ones in the USA... at least in New England!) It's generally the first thing he tries on the menu-- if they don't serve good fish & chips, then we tend to not go back again.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:09:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

I'm coming to LMB's party!! :-)

[looks confused] are we gettin' fish 'n' chips....???

My TT is up - and oddly enough it's about - 're-enactment'! :-)

cq

Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:36:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to read too!

Friday, September 01, 2006 12:52:00 am  
Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

As far as multiplayer games goes i'd recommend gildwars, addictive as well. As far as sci fi fantasy goes i'd recommend anything goodkind :)

Sunday, September 03, 2006 4:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home