< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Laptop Lunacy

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Laptop Lunacy

Rebuilding computers....I must have done something wrong in a previous life....

Why? Why can't reinstalling an operationg sytem, or replacing a component be a simple task?

Why is it that even though you carefully note all teh settings and perform the install teh same way as was sucessful previously the bloody computer juist will not work properly.

I've just spent 3 days refurbishing my old laptop for Mrs.A, and as appreciative as she is for it I was seriously considering binning the bleeding thing last night whe sufddenly it started working; there must bwe a mischeviuos spirit at work I think, som "puck" or imp that is deliberatly teasing me as I try to get the damnedable piece of technology to talk to the Network Hub abd Access the internet.

but it's done now, kind of, it is at least talking to the hub if you prod it in the right way. Windows is almost behaving and Office XP didn't order a re-format of the C:Drive when I installed it...still go tto transfer all the Email account settings.

The laptop needed a new Hard Drive, New Memory and a bloody good talking to.

Now I can finally get on with making 6 new arrows and a Sword Scabbard that I need to make for our next re-enactment at Caerphilly this Sunday, woooo 2½ days away from a computer !!!

unfortunately I have another laptop to service and fix up for Agi Junior next week....HELP!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

MB is already making plans for 'next weekend when you're away'.....

I mentioned cold.....and rain.......and mediaeval garb...and he laughed.......

needless to say, he won't ever be joining me in the 14C!

cq

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home