< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: The Book Meme

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Book Meme

meme blatantly copied from my wife’s Blog…

One book that changed your life?
No book has suddenly opened my up to a revaltion that has changed my life for ever. It’s more true to say the many books I have read have introduced a multitude of new ideas and vistas to me and in so doing how can I have not been changed in a small way by each and every new intellectual experience. However one book that started me off with my love of literature and fantasy in Particular was The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe that I read at age 5 or 6. Mind you had I never read Terry Pratchett me and Mrs.A may never have got together...

One book that you have read more than once?
There is no “one” book I have read thousands of books and most books get at least a second reading…I have read many books dozens of times over far to many to list them all

One book you would want on a desert island?
Without doubt Lord of the Rings, A damned good read. Failing that The Bible, one of the old fashioned ones with really thin soft paper pages….better than using leaves….;o)

One book that made you laugh?
Most Terry Pratchett Books, I loved the Bible according to Spike Milligan, agin so many it’s really hard to come up with just one

One book that made you cry?
None that come to mind honestly, OK they’ll make me empathsise with the characters, but not to the extent that I want to become that emotionally involved, it’s just fiction after all.

One book you wish had been written?
The Idiots guide to getting along with one another (World and Religious Leaders Edition)

One book you wish had never been written?
There is no book that has not desrved to be written, however there are many books that deserve never to have been published…The Bible, The Torah, The Quran…anything really proclaiming a single idea is right at the expense of all others.

One book you are currently reading?
Jack of Ravens, Mark Chadbourn

One book you have been meaning to read?

The Perfect King by Ian Mortimer, a biography of Edward III…when Mrs
.A has finished with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home