< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Home alone

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Home alone

All by myself at home today, I had planned to do stuff around the house but my wrists and fingers are quite painful today, and I have very little grip. I able to type atm thanks to a large dose of Diclofenac, Tylex and Tramadol. Unfortunately the Tramadol leaves me very dozy and sleepy, I took it 3 hours ago and have just awoken from a non-consentual nap. On the bright side I missed most of the offerings on Daytime TV :) just kidding usually I tune into Radio Bristol during the day, I like talk and discussion based radio and it fits the bill.

Glad to say my back sic pay has appeared in my bank account so we have been able to pay off a coupl eof looming bills, and LMD can go to nursery.

Flicking through the TV channels yesterday I discovered a new Channel....called "Dave", odd I thought, but taking a look at the lineup, it appears someone has actually produced a channel that is actually for me...lol...who am I kidding I'm not that insane...actually it used to be UK Gold 2, but they changed the name due to the strange logic thateveryone knows a bloke called Dave, well those of you who read this blog do for sure (there are still a few of you).

Update: having been told off by Mrs. Aginoth for typing when my hands were hurting I have turned on the speech recognition software on my laptop. This update paragraph has been produced by me speaking to the computer. It's only taken eight attempts for it to actually get it right. With any luck it will learn as we go along; quite frankly it couldn't be any more cumbersome than it already is... We live in hope.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

I saw speech recognition software at work - called Dragon. It was fascinating, and it learnt as it went......

How long is this new blogging phase going to last?

hehehe - the Dave channel is fooling a lot of people....must be nice to have a TV channel named after you :-)

cq

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:58:00 pm  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Typical - one day back in the blogosphere and you're criticising my taste in men....

Blimey!

Good to have you back, sweetie [HUGS]

cq

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:43:00 pm  
Blogger CyberKitten said...

Weird.... I'm on Diclofenac too........

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home