< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Here's one I made Earlier...

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Here's one I made Earlier...



Here's the Belt Pouch I spent yesterday making for Mrs.A. It measures about 8" x 5" x 1.5", it took me best part of 4 hours work to cut, punch and sew it. No Metal parts at all so it is good for our reenactment forays.

Now how many wives can say that their husband actually made their handbag/purse?....

Smug look ():-)

Still need to finish it off, gonna do a but of punch-work on the front and put a Celtic knot Design on it, plus the tightenig pull needs a glass bead on it to stop it pulling through...but it's almost done.

Today DiY Dad will be building a Shutter for Aginoth Juniors Bedroom window so he can black out the sunlight in the morning that is waking him up early :o)

Oh and happy St.Georges Day :o) .... But more importantly Sahkespears Birthday (and Deathday) ... There really should be a National holiday, this is our National day after all !!



Update: 1300 We've just spent the last 2 hours at ASDA in Weston-super-Mare in 14th Century Kit raising money for the reenactment group ao that we can fund another group in Italy to come visit us and do a joint event later in the year. Agi,Jnr it turns out is a natural at taking donations, in an hour he took over double what an adult managed to take !!!

4 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

Happy George to you too, honey :-)

Nice pouch for Mrs A, can't wait to see the finished product....you clever boy!

btw - St George on my blog today!

cq

Sunday, April 23, 2006 10:21:00 am  
Blogger CyberKitten said...

Well... Who *wouldn't* give Agi Jnr their loose change..... [grin].

No Blog from me on St George today... [not being a patriot and all that] but I did post a few personal one's which is fairly unusual..... [bg].

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:46:00 pm  
Blogger Paste said...

DIY should be banned!

Sunday, April 23, 2006 4:40:00 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Ooh, that is a really cool bag!

My great uncle used to make leather stuff, and now whenever I smell that it reminds me of him. I still have a lot of the gifts he made for us.

I'm so impressed :-)

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home