< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://trappedcivilservant.blogspot.com" > Aginoth's Retirement Ramblings: Slacker

Friday, January 26, 2007

Slacker

Sat at home, signed off for 2 weeks again, wrists are sore and ankles (Arthritis) they flared after a nasty little head cold earlier this week, on top of that i have a couple of minor infections that need Antibiotics...same old same old.

so whilst avoiding the dreary world that is daytime TV, and not really able to do a lot of DiY or sewing to prepare for the next re-enactment season I found myself time to read, yes I am restricting my time playing Eve too atm.

Currently reading Blood, Sweat and Tea by Tom Reynolds of Random Acts of Reality Blog Fame. I've read his blog for a couple of years and got the book of the best of his blog entries for Xmas.


It's a damned good read, especially good as I am already familiar with a lot of the entries, it's interesting to see them laid out in this format, i'm not pedantic enough to go scan his blog to see if anything has been edited, or which entries were omitted; but I would recommend this book to anyone as an insight into the way in which these ambulance folk serve us all and the crap they have to put up with, most notably from unecessary 999 calls.
Oh and go read Tom's Blog.....then buy his book.
What else is going on, been to the Dermatologist this morning for a review of my expensive psoriasis drugs, the Primary Care Trust agreed funding runs out in 2 months time and the Derm is now begining to make my case for continued funding (£9k per year). Enbrel is the only drug in 11 years of Psoriasis that has ever worked for a prolonged period and I am a little concerned that the funding won't be renewed in light of current NHS spending caps, I'm probably worrying over nothing, after all the medical experts think i should keep taking it, but there is just a smidge of a worry the bean-counters won't agree.
I'm still waiting to see if I am going to be medically retired from work; caught sight of a letter from my employer to my Rheumatologist in my notes this morning asking for a written report on me, and I know they should have also have written to my GP (Family Doctor). I saw my GP, Yesterday and he agreed to support my being medically retired when he is asked for a report, so that's good.
I just wish they'd get a move on so many possible future plans to sort out, but no basis in reality to get things moving. Stuck in Limbo at the moment.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well for you ref the doctors report.
What plans do you have for the future?

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:18:00 pm  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I hope all these questions find answers before long. You deserve peace and contentment.

Friday, February 02, 2007 12:11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home